Friday, February 7, 2020

Chicken Scampi (copy cat of Olive Garden)

My family and I love Olive Garden and one of our favorite dish is the Chicken Scampi.
Paying close attention to the ingredients and reading the description on the menu. I decided
to make it at home.  This is what I came up with using all organic ingredients.

Prep:
Slice up three colors of peppers thin
Slice up the chicken breast thin and into bite size pieces
Gather spices, salt and pepper.
Grate the Cheese
Boil the noodles

*Serve with bread of your choice
*Serve with a salad
Pin it!

Simply Farmhouse Chicken Scampi (copy-cat of Olive Garden)



1 box of angel hair pasta (cook as directed)
1-2 chicken breast (cut thinly and into bite size)
3 peppers  three colors of your choice (sliced thin)
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream ( I use half and half)
White cheddar block cheese (grated)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp cumin (or to taste)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp chili pepper (or to taste)
1/2 tsp salt
pepper (to taste)
2-3 TBSP of butter or little more I won't tell 😉


1. Cook chicken in butter in a iron skillet until almost done, add all your peppers, spices, salt and peppers. Stir well.

2. Bring the water to a boil and place in your pasta. (cook accordingly to direction on box)

3. Once the pepper and chicken are tender add the heavy cream and one cup of cheese...mix well and
reduce to heat to low.

4. Drain the pasta and serve on plates. Next add the Chicken Scampi mix over the pasta.

5. Top each dish with more cheese and serve.

Serves 4-6




Pin It


Leave a comment below and share if you try it and what changes did you make?

Blessings,
Simply Farmhouse

11 comments:

  1. This looks so good, thanks for sharing your recipe. It's marvelous to see you back in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have missed see all my blog friends.

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, Hello! Good to see your comment. Your welcome.

      Delete
  3. Looks great. Funny, I just made copycat Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup. Guess it was an Olive Garden type of week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your so welcome, and thank you! I hope your have a wonderful week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to give this a try. I love the chicken scampi at Olive Garden too, and your copy-cat recipe looks soo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe :) Blessings to you Teresa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind note.

Once upon a farmhouse