Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A Little Get Away!








Spanish moss!


Looking out of the IKEA window into the beautiful downtown Atlanta. 

We finally took a week vacation to South GA.  We had a wonderful time at Jekyll Island and also, visiting our daughters and grandchildren.  We always try to visit the beach in October, it is still warm and the crowds are very low.  After the beach we mostly just visit with our family, did a little fishing. Vacations are never long enough, anybody?

On the way home, we stopped in downtown Atlanta at the IKEA store. Have you every visited an IKEA store?  This was my first time going, and I will definitely go again.  That place is amazing!

We are home trying to get back into our routine of school. Y'all I had the fright of my life, yesterday afternoon while I was mowing my yard near the fields my lawn mower threw a spark or something, and the field caught on fire. I was able to put it out. Shew!  I am thankful for the heavy rain we had this week, and having no wind it didn't spread fast.

Our fall leaves are slowly turning, the nights are cold and the days are warm.  I am trying to enjoy my front porch as much as possible before winter sets in.  I love being outside in the warm sun. Last winter was incredibly warm, I wonder what this year holds for us?

Enjoy the photo's, and have a wonderful afternoon.
Simply Farmhouse


13 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! So glad you are ok!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, am I...I was trembling all over after I got it out.

      Delete
  2. Ah, Jekyll! You were about 45 miles from us. Isn't it pretty?
    Did you tour the Historic District/Millionaire's Row? See the Sea Turtle Center?
    Visit Driftwood Beach? It is the loveliest inhabited island, to me. I hope it is
    never developed further. Perfect, just as it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty place, I hope they don't developed it any more then it is. I have been to all those places expect driftwood beach. Wow you live very close to it. Do you get to go often?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was, I wish I lived closer to it.

      Delete
  4. Your vacation photos are beautiful and touching! I envy you.

    Thankfully you were able to out the fire. It is just terrible reading about the devastation in California.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and so was I. Thankfully we had some heavy rains a couple day before. And the area that it burned holds water.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! You timed this so well with most people in school and the beaches aren't as crowded. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we always wait until October to go the the beach for that reason. Or we go in the spring. We enjoy it more that way. Have a wonderful day in TX, the last time I was in TX was when I was ten years old. I remembered that it was very hot.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, that must have been scary :O/... yes I have been to IKEA, it is a very tempting store and so glad that I am quite far from it...but they do ship from their website :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to have such a special family vacation at the beach without the crowds! SO much fun to enjoy this time with just your family! Beautiful pictures too! Glad you were able to put out the little fire your lawn mower started, oh, what a scare! So thankful it all ended well and that you are enjoying the lovely days of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE IKEA, even Nathan! He scores stuff for his shop there. I'm thankful you could put out the fire! I imagine that was scary! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.