Monday, June 5, 2017

Lighten Your Load


Hello sweet friends, many of us ladies carry a heavy load on our shoulders with the task of home, family, farm, budget, and much more.

Sometimes we lug around heavy purses on our shoulders filled with things that weigh us down.
Some of those things in our purses may be things that we are burdened over, or things that you carry around for your children.

We find ourselves lugging them in and out to places on our shoulders, and when we lean over to care for the children it is constantly slipping off the shoulders, which adds more stress to our day.  Anybody?

  Have you ever traded the large purse for a cute, around the body purse when you go to town or a mini trip?  Oh my goodness, it is such a care free feeling.  It is so much lighter, and it only has your basic needs in it.


Another lightening your load suggestion, is the cell phone. I don't have a Smart phone. I just have text & talk phone.   When my hubby is home for the weekend, I leave home without my phone. If anyone needs me they will contract him.

When I am home during the weekend, I turn my phone off.  It  is such a wonderful feeling to turn off the stress.   Purge your phone; delete some apps, and some social accounts that may be pulling on your emotions and weighs you down.   Step away from the drama!

PHOTO CREDIT
Our goal as wives and mothers is to keep our lives and home peaceful. 
  
The Bible teaches us to think on whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report: if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

So, be-careful on what you are putting into your thoughts. 

 Watch your time on the cell phone.  Make sure you are giving  100 % of your time to your Lord, to your husband, to your children, and to your home.  

One of our daughters only looks at her phone in the evenings. After she has given her family, and her Lord her day.  She doesn't have any social media accounts.  Instead, she likes to read ways to care for her family and home.   I am very proud of her.

My challenge for you today, is to lighten your purse load, and pick a day that you can leave home without it as well as your phone.  My husband said he doesn't see why we burden ourselves with purses. I agree.

Keep life simple!  I would love to hear from you.
Teresa

5 comments:

  1. I love this. I am hardly ever around my phone and I am pretty disciplined in our school year about computer, media, and phones. I also try to carry a lighter purse. I love this post. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you sweet Chrissy, Purses and Phones how they can pull us down and take away from our families. You are so welcome.

      Delete
  2. I so agree with you, Teresa! Lightening our load...a mental load is a metaphor (and a great one) can start with something so simple as what we physically carry around. I have a purse that could be a carry-on bag for a flight! I have so much I need and then I can never find it in the deep dark depths of my bag! I finally broke down and bought something reasonably sized at Target today...how ironic you just wrote this!!

    I also agree about giving 100% to those who mean so much to us. If I'm with any of my kids, I sincerely ask that they turn their phones off. They are so good about that and we appreciate our time together.

    Just love your blog. Give me a visit one day!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, how neat is that about buying a smaller purse. That is wonderful that they are willing to turn off their phones. It does rob us of our precious time with our families. I am so glad that you like my blog, how sweet of you to say. I will be right over!

      Delete
  3. Good read! I'm not a purse carrier except to church. It holds a few things that are appropriate to keep the 3 little ones busy. Nathan takes care of all of our expenses, so I only tote my wallet around my wrist if he's not with me. I do carry a small purse when traveling with mama or other family or friends if it's a girls only outing with just basics. I do like you said, just wear it on me with the essentials. I learned long ago when I had children that I didn't need all of those extras. I was happy when bulky diaper bag days were over. Now I'm pretty much purse free! My shoulders thank me! I do have some types of social media but try to be disciplined enough to not let that interfere with important family time. I even let it bother me sometimes that people probably think I never like or comment on their posts. I do post, but there's just not much time for me to spend keeping up with everyone else. Family before phone is what I preach around here! Alot of times, especially when we're home, I don't even know where it's at. Ha! If there's an emergency, someone can call Nathan. He works right across the yard. I'm definitely not perfect but am aware of the dangers of cell phone overuse. It sickens me to think of the millions of kids unattended with them. They watch what we do & do what we allow. I'm thankful for the convictions to use them modestly. I pray my children take note & see that they are much more important than keeping up with what others are doing! Our marriages & families are at stake! Wake up America!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.