Monday, April 24, 2017

On The Farm

We painted the hen house white, and we are adding some final touches to it. I'll make a post as soon as I am finished with it.    It is turning out so cute, I can't wait to show you!


We have been busy cleaning out the landscape in the front yard.  I am expanding the width of the beds, and replacing the mulch with some pebbles.  Yes, I have several projects going at once, and none are completed yet.



I've transplanted some maple trees into my yard, that where growing out back near the creek.  Believe it or not they are living!  I have netting and stakes around them, to keep the deer from breaking them. 





La-la loves to play in the water, and helping mommy to wash the porch, is one of her favorite things to do.



I am working on my front porch, slowly but surely it is coming together.
I plan to add some potted flowers and a few more things.  So, hopefully in 
a few weeks my front porch will be ready for me to make a post.

It is a good kind of busy y'all!

What have you been up to?

11 comments:

  1. It's that time of year when there are more projects then hours in the day. I am working on staining a raised flower bed. One coat on yesterday and I hope to finish it today. I need to run to the hardware store in order to finish it up and don't have the desire to leave home. :) Looking forward to seeing your finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, there is no other place I rather be then home. I had a list made out of some things that we needed from the store. I talked myself out of going, and said 'let's just stay home, those things can wait'.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like my life lately...lots of projects going on at once. Spring is the season to bring everything back to life (and clean)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, I have been missing you on here..so good to see this comment. I take on too much, I need to keep telling myself, It's fine like it is, be content and slow down.

      Delete
  3. Spring has it's way of coaxing us all to begin again, start new projects! Nathan is out back building as I type these words. Can't wait to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweet lady, it does have a way of doing that. I need to stop listening to it. LOL

      Delete
  4. Play with the water is a favorite thing to do for all children I think. Keep warm and stay healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your projects look so fun! I love the white chicken coop, so fresh and clean looking! And sweet picture of your daughter helping with the porch cleaning! I can't wait to see your porch when it is done, I LOVE your porch, it is just so inviting. I don't have one, and like to see yours and dream of having one of my own someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun times!!! I'm excited to see your porch. I always thought it looked perfect. This week a friend of mine and I will transplant some plants to my yard to an empty sad flower bed of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog just recently. I can't tell you how much I enjoy your photos of the countryside! Simple joys and pleasures, it makes life wonderful...

    Looking forward to following, Teresa!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, welcome to Simply Farmhouse, I an looking forward to getting to know you as well.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.