Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Reflection



Today, I thought about how far God has brought me....I looked back over my life how I use to be.

Thank God, I am not that person anymore.  The Lord has been working on my heart and my hubby heart over the last eight years.  What a change He has made in our lives.

I can honestly say I am still very far from perfect.  I am still allowing, and wanting God to work on my heart even more.

Another reflection in our life is that we need to stop trying to please others, weather it be family or friends or church folks.. There is no happiness in that.  We realized if you are not careful, you can be so busy trying to please others, that you forget to please GOD and your immediate family.  We are making God, each other and our two little girls our priority!!

What a change He has made and still is making in our lives.

Has God done a great work in your life? What are some changes you are making?

7 comments:

  1. God always does great work, if you allow it. I have become more faithful in general, knowing that the peace in my heart will aid in so many aspects of our lives. Right now, we are looking for a homestead, and rather than become frustrated with the lack of inventory, I try to keep in mind that God has a place all picked out for us, and that it will be well worth the wait. So grateful for God's loving guidance in my life.
    We can change if we want to. We are both living proof.
    Blessings, daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great way to look at it, God does has a perfect place for you. It is all in His time, He is so faithful.

      Delete
  2. I am right there with you on working on not being a people pleaser. It was destroying me as they were happy but I wasn't. I was miserable and stressed out most of the time. I can see my life calming down and gently flowing as I make God, my husband and Megan my priorty. That doesn't mean life is perfect just better. As you know our first step in this journey is bring Megan home for schooling. It is amazing to see God working to change my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does work that way, pleasing others wears you out and doesn't bring happiness. This year that is our goal as well to please God, each other and our girls will be our priority. I am so happy for your decision on home-schooling. Finding the will of God brings peace. Good for you all!!

      Delete
  3. Sorry I've been MIA this year! I've had computer problems! Anyways, I'm playing catch up on my favorite blogs. Your is one of my favorites of course! I think we all struggle or have struggled with people pleasing. We too are a work in progress. We continue to try to put God & our immediate family 1st! Others don't have to understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you on here sweet niece. Aww that is good to know I am one of those favorites. Yes, I am with you on that, I must put God and our immediate family lst.

      Delete
  4. It has been a lie from the enemy, to get women to think their skills are more needed in the world than to their own families. How wonderful it is to see through that, and to realize that to our families first we are accountable, and then, as we can, we make ourselves available to others. I also noticed that you have some new pillows on your swing, they are beautiful, a lovely change for you, I think :) Spring is coming for you... but seems a far away thing here... more snow on the way! But, I know it will come. I am patient, because the days are getting longer! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.