Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Simplifying The Greenhouse



The great thing about trying new things is that you learn from them.  I wanted beds in my
green house to see if I could grow a winter garden with summer seeds.

I have learned that the seeds will come up and start to grow, they don't mature and put out any fruit. We all know there isn't enough sunny days in the winter, a grow light would of helped. That would been an added expense.

I have learned that heating the greenhouse is very costly.  It jumped our electric bill up $150.00 more than our normal bill would of been.  A hand full of seeds isn't worth that.

Today, I am removing these beds.  I have discovered they are full of fungus, bugs, roaches, creepy crawly things, and a mother mouse has had her babies hidden in the dirt.   GROSS!  Smart little critters found a warm place to stay for winter!


This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Talk at you later,
Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I guess it never hurts to try. You want know if it will work if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, true...life is about learning. Have a beautiful day down in the deep south.

      Delete
  2. Oh please, it looks so tidy, so lovely. I wonder someday I have my own green house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the bugs and creepy crawling things where hidden in the dirt. I hope you will be blessed with a green house one day. You will love it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.