Friday, January 20, 2017

Creativity in Bloom


This morning, the brightness of  sunshine shone in the front windows;
 I could hear a few birds singing as the cool breeze made the curtains 
sway back and forth.  Today, it was near 65 degrees and partly cloudy.  
There were little peeks of sun today after being cloudy for several days; 
I was so thankful for the peeks of sun that did shine.

 I just love mornings, don't you!?

Hello friends, happy weekend!   I found myself sitting my desk more lately. One of my favorite pastimes is sketching. Lately, I have been admiring flowers that have been painted with watercolors. I couldn't wait to try my hand at it.

I am new to watercolors. I had my first practice run at it today and I have found that it is something that I am going to love getting into.   There is still a lot to learn and better brushes to be purchased to improve my efforts.




Do you like to paint with watercolors or what are some of your favorite pastimes?

Have a beautiful weekend,
From the farmhouse.

The woman who makes a sweet beautiful home,
filling it with love and prayer and purity, is doing
something better than anything her hands could find 
to do beneath the skies.  J.R. Miller

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and inspiring post! Yes, mornings are my absolute favorite too! This time of year we can begin to tell that spring will come. That is so encouraging to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine that spring is getting near in TX. It is encouraging to know that spring will faithfully come once again.
      Thank you Stacey for coming by.

      Delete
  2. I love morning time. But I really love spring mornings. They just always seem lively to me. Beautiful job on watercolors. My daughter loves doing watercolor. My favorite pastime besides reading is puzzles. I know nothing profound but I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we like to put together puzzles in the winter, it's a good way to unwind. Have a wonderful weekend in the south.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.