Monday, January 23, 2017

Creativity in Bloom


To me there is nothing more joyful then to spend a sunny afternoon with flowers.
Taking in every glorious details, noticing the different tones and patterns of each petals.

 A sense of slowing down, no rush, nothing on the to do list. Just sketching every detail getting lost in my work....bringing it into my painting and bringing it into my home.

Hello Friends, I am so looking forward to spring, a time to plant wildflower seeds in the cultivated soil.   I hope to learn watercolor painting, I seem to be a jack of all trades but a master of none. Just maybe I can master this one.  Huh, we'll see!

Are you ready for spring?


Her spirit gives the home its atmosphere. Her hands fashion its beauty. Her heart makes its love. And the end is so worthy, so noble, so divine, that no woman who has been called to be a wife, and has listened to the call, should consider any price too great to pay, to be the light, the joy, the blessing, the inspiration of a home. J.R. Miller

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I am ready for spring! We had some spring like weather over the weekend. It made me want to go out and start preparing the raised beds. I restrained myself as I know winter isn't over yet. Only 8 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the same weather as well, very wet here. I am so ready for spring, I like the sound of 8 weeks and counting!

      Delete
  2. Spring is my favorite time. I love creativity. I am excited to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring = all things new and fresh. Course you will see spring down there way before we will up here. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  3. Spring is a long ways off here, it is snowing here today! But I do know what you mean, how exciting it is when the first spring weather comes, and the glorious appearing of the lovely blooms everywhere. How wonderful that you are learning to watercolor! Such a lovely craft to enjoy. Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is here also...this time of the year I start counting down to spring, I can't help myself LOL! Yes ma'am all my life I have sketch with pencil, it's time to learn how to apply some color. Watercolors really interests me, so why not? I am going for it. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  4. Right now we are enjoying winter - we just got a thick new blanket of snow yesterday but Spring is always welcome. It's coming always makes me super excited. I love flowers too! I hope to plant a bunch and I also get to enjoy them as I put them together for weddings. I would love to get better at watercolor painting as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so do I!! I have a couple of people that I love their works one being craftberry bush https://www.instagram.com/mscraftberrybush/ she turns her watercolors into pillows, wallpaper, stock cards and such. The other one is ANNA MASON check out her youtube videos. Six weeks until spring..I am so ready for it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.