Friday, January 27, 2017

A DAY IN THE LIFE


Hotel dishes by Walker China Co.  Made in Bedford Ohio 1945



it is easy for us to compare ourselves, our life with others.  maybe it is making each of us to walk away feeling a little less then we are.  instead of comparing maybe we could seek to be inspired. each of us has a routine, or a way about us that appeals to others.  find your way, your routine, your journey and fulfilled it with all of your heart.

 a simple change in our ways could bring down the walls of competition between each other. becoming one who seeks to be inspired by others, or one who inspires.  finding the courage to let your heart embrace simply what you have been blessed with; your home, your family.  inspired by simply being you.            (capitalization was left out intentionally,:)

Hello Friends,

I love early mornings, the peace, the quietness, the newness of God mercies he gives to us each day...it makes early mornings my favorite time of the day.  I don't know about you, but I need His mercies and love each day.   I love my time in His word, my time to talk with Him. I need Him!

I have never been one to feel the need of keeping a daily planner. I mainly do what ever I see that needs to be done.  Maybe, it is because I keep my life simple, but meaningful.  I say no to the busyness of life; I am simply at home where I love to be.

 I am inspired by those who keep a daily planner of their time and life.  Being inspired, I have given it some thought about using a daily planner. Maybe it would help me to use my time better and more wisely.  I know it would, but here it is the 27th of January and I have yet to find the time to even start a daily planner. Crazy huh!

And that is okay, I am good with that.  I keep up with a monthly calendar for church events and a to do list.   To me that's enough and I am content.  It's great to be inspired, and even give it a try.  But most of all it's okay to accept that it isn't for you.   

Be inspired!     

 A day in the life of simply farmhouse.

 (Prov 31:28) Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he PRAISETH  her. 
Do we give our husband a reason to praise us?? 

8 comments:

  1. Comparison is an ugly things. I admit I have struggled with it. I still do at times. I have worked really hard at finding joy and contentment with where I am. We are all in different season and that certainly makes a difference in how our lives look. I made a decision to step away from a few blogs and even a few real life people because their picture perfect life made me feel insecure and less.

    I will make a to do list at times, but I don't keep a daily planner. For me, I think it would add some additional stress. I have a monthly calendar on the frig and keep one in my purse. I use it to track appointments and events we need to take part in. We try to keep our calendar as clear as we can. We all love home!

    Your dishes are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a ugly thing, I have been there also. But decided to embrace others with joy of what they have. When I visit someone's home that is beautiful, I am happy for them. When I walk into my little farmhouse there is contentment and thankfulness of what I have been blessed with. This is what God has blessed me with not the other house.

      You are so right, we do go through different seasons of life. It is so important to learn from each of those seasons and not repeating any. I am still trying to learn that as well. Good for you for stepping away from those things. You are doing good!

      I am with you on that girl, I make lists as well, they are less stressful. I admire those who can use a daily planner, it's just not for me.

      Thank you, they belonged to my dad, something to remember him by. They are Hotel Dishes By Walker China made in Bedford Ohio in 1945.

      Thank you for coming by.
      Be inspired!

      Delete
  2. I only use a monthly planner as well along with to-do lists at times. It works for me. :-) Those dishes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Abbi, so good to see you! Thank you..I cherish them. I admire those who can make them work. I try to make a daily planner but end up not even looking at them. I need to try once again.

      Delete
  3. No monthly planner for me, but I do keep a to-do list that is ongoing and always present. It does help me to remember the little things that are easily forgotten. Enjoyed your post, and the dishes are really pretty, love the floral. I agree with you, keeping life simple is best. It is easy to fall into the trap of "comparing ourselves among ourselves", especially with the media available that we have today. But keeping our focus on our family helps, and to know that precious memories are what our kids will remember about our time with them, more than anything. Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to do list work for me better, I am with you I forget little things as well. Thank you for your sweet comment. (Hugs to you as well)

      Delete
  4. I keep a calendar on the wall near the phone and I make daily to do lists on the whiteboard on the laundry room door. That is how I keep track of things that need to be done and of appointments. We have a saying in home that if it is not on the calendar, it is not happening. I established that rule long ago when we were raising our active boys. ;) It worked for our family and it helped limit our activities too. We knew other families that were always running from one activity to another most days every week but decided that while that worked for them, it did not for us. I am a person that needs to lead a calm life and I get overwhelmed if I have to be going all the time. :)I am blessed that my family understands this and that we all enjoy just being together for the most part. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great plan, I get overwhelmed and have to start saying no to some things also. You are very blessed. Be inspired!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.