Thursday, November 3, 2016

Showing Hospitality


 

Life seems to keep us busy.  I am enjoying our warm weather.  We have been in the 80's and we are very dry.   We have not had our first frost yet.  I have enjoyed having my windows open, and sitting on the front porch swing in November, crazy isn't it!

In October I decided to reach out to a couple of sisters and their children in our church by inviting them over for a fall luncheon.    We had such a great time together.  We shared our hearts, laughed, and I even taught them how to can apple butter.  Afterwards, I sent home three jars of apple butter with each of them. They felt so at home, I am so glad they did.  I asked them if would they like to come back for a Christmas luncheon?  They quickly replied " Oh yes, we would love too."  One of the sisters said "We need this kind of fellowship with each other, thank you for having us over."

 I failed to get photos of the first luncheon.  I am having a couple more sisters over soon for another fall luncheon and I will get share photos from that one.

For more on hospitality go HERE

Take Care, I will share my thoughts and heart soon.

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to connect with others and your hospitality was greatly appreciated I'm sure. Looking forward to your next luncheon with photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, the next luncheon is in the works.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I've been thinking about some of the older ladies at church. They might really like to do this.
    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should Laura, they will love it. Thanks for the invite, I will be right over.

      Delete
  3. The weather has been lovely! Today we are down to the mid-seventies. Still wonderful for November! Megan is under the weather today. She has been fighting a sore throat all week. It got the best of her today along with a headache and slight fever also. It's nice to be able to open windows and air out the house.

    It's wonderful for you to open your home to other ladies. Your friend is right that we need more of that type of fellowship. It helps to develope those deeper friendships that we all need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh (HUGS) to Megan get well soon!! It does help deepen those friendship and yes, we all need it.

      Delete
  4. What did you cook for them? I know your home was cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Smiling) I prepared homemade potato soup , mini hot turkey and cheese sandwiches, Avocado Corn salad top with strawberries, and a homemade pumpkin roll served with coffee or hot tea. Yes, the home was cozy. I will get pictures at the next one. I always smile when you leave a comment.

      Delete
  5. Would love to see pics of your gatherings, both folks and food. And decorations, too!
    What a wonderful gift to give people, time and attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I will take photo's at the next one. I really enjoyed all the time that I put into it. The next luncheon is coming up this coming week...as soon as the sisters tell me the date they can attend.

      Delete
  6. What a blessing to get together and apple butter too,sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blessings.....I love your sweet comment. (Smile)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea! So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there are many sisters in the church. But inviting a couple over at a time is keeping it simple with out the overload feeling. And it keeping it on a more personal level.

      Delete
  8. I think that with social media, emailing, etc. that so much of personal interaction has been put to the wayside.

    Your hospitality and thoughtfulness is a wonderful example of Christian love.

    I remember as a young mother, the other neighbor ladies, young and older, would get together bi-weekly and enjoy a coffee and goodie time in the morning. It was so enjoyable talking about our homes, children and life in general.

    I am looking forward to your pictures too!

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we have allowed social media to take the place of being hospitable. Opening our hearts and homes to others is saying I care.. Ahhh thank you so much ~ I will remember to take photo's of the next one.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.