Thursday, November 17, 2016

She found us...



This little girl took our welcome mat seriously.   Last Sunday we open our door to head to Church.
This little gal was laying on the door mat.  But there was one problem, she had been bitten on both her shoulders.  She was holding up one paw and blood was running down.    This poor little girl was very scared from what just happen to her. We believe with the size of the bites, it could of been  coytoe's.

We put our some water and fed her then headed to church.   Our daughters begged all the way to church to keep her.   She stayed around and I kept caring for her bites with gloves on.  We waited 10 days to make sure she wasn't going to get rabbi's.  It has been over ten days and she is one happy little lady.   We think she might be a Mountain Feist.

We have plans to get her checked out by a vet soon.   We named her Maggie.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes with Maggie.
Have a wonderful day Friends.
Teresa

12 comments:

  1. Lucky Maggie! She did find you...

    Our Tessah found us 3 years ago. She came to us skinny, hungry and wanting only love and a home. I had seen her on the highway shoulder walking towards a mobile home park..I wanted to pick her up, but had groceries in the car, and felt she might get cared for at the park, I also wanted to check with the MR. I forgot about it...but 2 weeks later she was coming up the back door steps after following the Mr. who had been irrigating the orchard.....needless to say I was surprised! We had her checked that day for a chip and then made an appointment for spaying. The Vet told us she was about a year old, and had had a litter of puppies. BTW, she is a German Shepard and weighs 105 lbs. and she is a love....as, I am sure your Maggie is too.

    Looking forward to your updates and adventures with the newest member of your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww sweet of you to take in Tessah. Maggie loves attention,she can run like the wind. I will keep you posted.

      Delete
    2. For years, all of our cats have shown up at the door....and enjoyed being loved and spoiled....I am a cat person and think they sense that!

      Delete
    3. My daughter loves cat as well, we tease her and call her the Crazy Cat Lady. LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh how sweet! We had a dog come to our home too, my son found her running on the road. Turns out she had been "chipped" and she was able to be returned to her owners. You might check out this option at any vet, they can check to see if they know who she belongs to. What a sweetie though, and I love the name Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't heard of anyone missing her...my husband wonders if the owner drop her off; because they are not wanting to deal with the bites??? But we will keep an eye out for the owners. Meanwhile we are enjoying her company.

      Delete
  3. Wow, just wow. Maggie looks very much like my Brownie, a feist type mix breed that
    belonged to the neighbors years ago (around 15-20 now, I reckon). That same alert,
    pert-eared stance, coat color, build. Brownie was just a little stockier/heavy.

    Brownie was a fantastic dog, and I bet Maggie will be, too. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I will keep you posted on Maggie. Thank you for leaving a comment..

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad she found you and that you welcomed her into your home and family. She is a very pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.