Friday, November 18, 2016

Quieting Our Lives








Hey Y'all!  I don't know about your life and home, but ours has been way too busy lately. I am working towards quieting our lives and home.  Mostly by looking at our schedules and saying no to some things.

Sometimes you just have to make plans to be home more. Saying no to some things, helps us to say yes to more family time.  We are looking forward to some cozy evenings at home playing board games, sewing, putting puzzles together, and curling up with a wholesome book.

How do you like my new living room look? I am slowly painting my entire house this color.   I just got my rug and I recovered the long pillow on the couch with the pretty cream and grey plaid material. Today I took some photos of my girls.  I am wanting a canvas over the couch.  A few more things on my list for my living before it is completed.  As you can tell, I love keeping my home simple.  To me that speaks a quietness  to my heart.

 I took these fall photos above today. It was in the 80's.  A cold front is moving in the weekend. We have been so spoiled with the warm weather.   A little bit of Christmas decoration has found its way into our little farmhouse.  Keeping it simple and lightly done.

Keep your home full of love for one another, find ways to quiet your home and life.


13 comments:

  1. I need to quiet our life also. It will be hard now that we are coming into a a busy season with Christmas. Chuck and I have blocked out some time on Sunday afternoon to look at the calendar for the rest of the year. The past week was crazy with some unexpected things popping up. Hubby is working today and Megan I have plans to deep clean the kitchen. Then we are going to start putting some Christmas things out in the kitchen. That is a soothing color you painted your living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a fun day for you and Megan. Yesterday I made 4 trips out of the house, very usual for us to do that. Its a grayish tan on the light side, I like it a lot. How is your weather this weekend?

      Delete
    2. oops I meant to say very unusual for us to do that.

      Delete
  2. Love the simplicity and the color you have chosen for the quiet atmosphere of your home..

    It is raining here in Northern Ca. The sound of the rain and the sight of all the puddles are a delight to my senses....

    My beloved will be installing a new kitchen faucet, while I dust, vacuum, and iron on this cozy day. Dinner will be Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots and green beans from the garden. I have picked 2 qt. this past week, as well as tomatoes....probably the last time til next summer!

    Have a blessed weekend....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enid, your day sounds wonderful. Mmmm so does your dinner. Blessings to you as well.

      Delete
  3. I love how simple and clean everything looks. I think I have too much in my little farm house cottage. It's hard with five people bringing things in, but I am going to work on clearing it this winter.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I love the quietness of less. What a great project for winter. Have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely and streamlined. I love it. Super cute picture of your grandson. Yes, I agree about quieting our lives. Hint...this is why I go missing in action sometimes from blogging. I have a few social media outlets and tend to get overwhelmed with them all as well as get sucked in and waste time. So, I am trying to quiet this area of my life. This upcoming season can really make being quiet hard. I was just pondering how I can simplify this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree with you. I have only this blog, I do not have any other social media account. I don't even have an Smart phone. They are a waste of precious time. I once heard someone say "America families need to lay down or even get rid of all the "i's" in their lives, and become a family again." I couldn't agree with them more. That is the very reason we have no "i's" of any kind in our home or any social media other then this blog. Keeping our life simple and quieting our lives, not only to be a family, but also to hear the voice of God. Putting away all distraction from our lives. I think your on the right track Chrissy....Good for you.

      Delete
  5. I love your home! I am looking for ways to eliminate and clear the clutter we have in our home to make it more simple and clean. I am so tired of all of the junk that seems to come with life. Of course, with 6 of us in a three bedroom home and 4 generations here, it is quite hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purging takes time...you will get there. Your a very blessed lady...what a nice size family you have.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.