Thursday, November 10, 2016

Preparing Our Home For Hospitality

Hospitality is the JOY of serving others.

 Hey Y'all!!  


Go here to read about our two favorite sisters Martha & Mary  Luke 10:38-42 

  Martha had a heart to entertain, while Mary had a heart to serve her Lord . Mary did what Martha needed to do and that was to put Christ first. 

Hospitality is about the heart more then it is about the home. Spending time in God's word, without God's word guiding us, it becomes empty entertainment.


Y'all just keep it simple.  Give your home a good cleaning a few days before your luncheon. Hide your clutter, it is amazing how much nicer your home will look with out the clutter sitting around. Don't forget to knock out the cobwebs.

While you wait just keep your home tidy. Prepare your meal the day before if possible. Having little or none to prepare the morning of your luncheon.

 The morning of the luncheon make those beds, and freshen up your home, you and the children.   Nothing says welcome then a hostess who is neat and tidy in her appearance.


Hospitably is a Ministry  

Set the table to the theme of the season. This is my favorite part is to set the table. I love pretty dishes they are my weakness.   *-  (wink)  Your morning will go smoothly when you plan and prepare your home in advance.

I hope you have enjoyed it, I would love you hear from ya!!

5 comments:

  1. Great thoughts, always best to prepare your heart in the morning, King David mentioned it often, about seeking the Lord early. And love your tips about preparing for guests too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I invited a friend and her large family (total of 8 came) for dessert Friday night. She offered to bring chili, so I put on a simple pot of chicken vegetable soup. I made a pumpkin dump cake and some no bake cookies. We drank water.
    Simple and a great way to share costs.
    Be blessed.

    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that was so nice of you..so nice of her to offer a dish. It is a great way to share the cost. You as well Laura be blessed.

      Delete
  3. Your post makes me want to drop by and visit with you.. smile.. I love being ready for company so that I can enjoy them and not run around picking up.. smile.. Your bread looks delicious.. Hope you had a nice day.. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.