Thursday, September 1, 2016

Grateful!




A place to enjoy ~ when it rains.


 Anybody notice that August has become a memory?  Crickets, cornfields are turning brown and the sounds of crows are in a distance.  Summer is fading and fall is pressing his way in.

Hello  friends,

My heart is full of gratefulness as hints of fall touch our little farmhouse this week.   Made by little hands of our little La la, to me it is the best fall decoration ever made.



Pouring her little heart in each thing she does....Oh how we love this little girl.



 Music fills the house from Doodle. She puts her whole heart into her playing.
She is learning many Gospel songs that bless our hearts when she plays.
Oh how we love our young lady.


Books, pillows, blankets and more books with words of encouragement. 
 Books that inspire , books that remind me to trust in Him and Him alone.



Toss pillows and blankets, here is where we live.



Books that were written from the 1800's and beyond.
Books that fill our shelves.



  I sit at this familiar place writing to you. 

My thoughts reflect over this past year...I can honestly say "I'm grateful".

That the Lord thought I was worth saving, so He came and change my life.
He thought I was worth keeping.  So He cleaned me up inside.
He thought I was worth dying for....He sacrificed His Life.
So I could go free.... 

I am so grateful!

Anybody?

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful zinnias and very nice porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written and photographed post! I too am grateful. At this time last year I was undergoing painful medical tests and procedures to rule out cancer and praise God there was none. I underwent surgery about 7 weeks later and have felt so much better since then. I was so blessed to have my sweet family and friends take care of me and my parents even came over for about 5 days at the beginning of my recovery. This past year I met cousins for the first time, another has moved up near us now and has become such an important part of our lives, we reconnected with my husband's cousin, and in a few days, we will be seeing my uncle, who I have not seen since I was a toddler. I am now 53! God brought all of these sweet cousins and also my uncle into our lives right when we needed them most. It's like He was telling us that while we may be estranged from other family members (through no fault of our own), He would restore and even start new wonderful and loving relationships with other family members. I am so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome is our God...What wonderful news about your health and your family moving closer. I love how HE mends and restore relationships. He is amazing! You have a lot to be grateful for.

      Delete
  3. Good morning!

    We do have much to be grateful for. Praise the Lord!

    I love this new month of September. It is hard to believe that summer is almost officially to it's end. I am ready for colder days and nights by my wood stove :)

    I love your photos of your grateful things, so simple and peaceful looking.

    Happy September!
    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hope, September is a new beginning ...don't you think? Enjoy your September!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post! How are you? I've missed your posts. Where do you find your pillows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! I am doing good, thank you for asking. Ahh thank you, sorry for the lack of posting. I have been lost for words lately. I found my pillows, and throw at TJMAXX just a few weeks ago. (pillow brand was Tommy Hilfiger).

      Delete
  5. Yes, Teresa I am right there with you...GRATEFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me smile, have a nice day.

      Delete
  6. Your farm and life look beautiful. I know I love our farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, you have a lovely place.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I am truly grateful! We are loving & enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh your photos are so calming, cozy and beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer Welcome to Simply Farmhouse, thank you! Please come again.

      Delete
  9. Simple things are the best! Love your old books picture, the well-used pillows and blankets, and pictures of the rain, sweet pictures of your girls ... just lovely little spots in the day that make up the fabric love, and yes, it is oh so good! God is so good, we can't complain, can we! Hugs to you today dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you for the sweet comment. Have a blessed day friend.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet note.